Outsourcing development can be risky
When it comes to outsourcing development, you’ve probably heard a myriad of horror stories around scope and budget creep (requirements constantly changing), missed deadlines, and intellectual property disputes.
What protections do you need in place?
As a business, you want to avoid the hassle; you want a seamless process. Whilst you may have exercised your due diligence in choosing a reputable developer or development company, this also extends to protecting yourself for the worst-case scenario. Above all, in the end you want to ensure you have legal protection and ownership of the source code. The last thing you want is to be swamped by a crunching deadline, investor pressure and customer disappointment, with nothing to show for it.
Mitigate the risks with a tight, detailed agreement
Our lawyers will run you through the common hurdles in the development process, tailoring a development agreement to meet your needs. We’ll advise you on:
- Defining the services and deliverables
- Outlining technical specifications and requirements
- Making variations to the scope of the project
- Next steps in cases of non-performance
- Protecting your intellectual property
- Fee schedules
- Dealing with security or defect issues
- Ongoing support and maintenance
Frequently asked questions
Can I do this myself?
Are your documents automatically generated?
Is the price a fixed-fee?
Can I speak or meet with a lawyer, and will this cost extra?
What if I need this urgently?
This package doesn’t suit me, can I create my own one?
What if the document or advice I need isn’t on the website?
- Free consultation
- Done for you tailored legal documents to suit your needs
- Initial drafting and review + one round of amendments
- Practical legal advice
- Fast turnaround times (5-7 days)
Looking for practical legal advice?
Tell us about your legal needs and we’ll get back to you within 1 business day.Schedule free consultation